Gratitude is the appreciation of the benefits we receive from others and the desire to do something nice in return.
We want our students to show 'gratitude' and when they do we notice that they:
- Say thank you for lessons and clubs
- Thank others for their help
- Are more happy with their school lives
- Do nice things for others
Tips for helping with Gratitude
- Start a gratitude list or journal - at the end of each day ask children to write down three things they are grateful for and think about why
- Demonstrate appreciating the everyday - encourage children to appreciate the things they might otherwise take for granted. You might say 'Aren't you lucky to have the opportunity to go to school?'